Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Christmas Tree Window

When we decided on our floor plan, we were most concerned with the number of bedrooms and bathrooms and the set-up of the kitchen.  We liked the layout of the living room/dining room and having a study was nice too.  After we chose our plan, the girls realized that we had a feature that we I always wanted: 


Isn't it awesome?  Okay, I know that it isn't that impressive right now, but come December, I plan on it looking something like this:



I know that it won't be quite so grand, but one of my favorite sights when driving around at Christmastime is seeing Christmas trees in the front windows of houses.  It looks so homey and welcoming.  Our window is in the study at the front of the house.  We should be able to put our tree in that room (and shut the door to save it from the dogs) and turn the lights on every night to welcome our friends and neighbors to the Christmas season.

If it weren't June in Texas, I might just make some hot cocoa and put the Christmas tunes on in anticipation...

No comments:

Post a Comment