Sunday, June 10, 2012

Boxes

We have moved many times in our married life.  Nine times in 18 years!  Counting the move to our temporary (TBD) home and then the new house, that will make 11 times!  No, we are not in the military or any other job that would mean moving frequently.  The moves were for a lot of different reasons and some were more pleasant that others.  The last few moves have been really stressful and we haven't been completely ready on the day of the move.  Sorting, organizing, getting rid of things, and packing are not my strong suit or my husband's.  This time, things are going to be different!  I can say that confidently, because we are well on our way.  Yesterday morning about half of our garage looked like this:





Today, our garage looks like this:

Pretty much all we have left to work through

Things going to a garage sale (minus the minivan)

Things that are moving with us



I spent a total of about five hours in the garage yesterday and feel like I made it past the point where I thought it wouldn't be possible to get it all done.  I wish it was all done, but we are going through every box (and a few have been with us for the last two houses or so).  And, do I even need to mention that it is HOT in Texas?  However, we are vowing to not have unpacked boxes in our new house.  What is the point of having "stuff" if you can't enjoy it?

Stay "tuned" later today or tomorrow for a very exciting post with fun pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrible about this too! I still have packed boxes from when I left Texas - almost 10 years ago! One day they will be unpacked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or sold on an episode of "Storage Wars"...

      Delete